Plastics technology training for business people
Don’t let anyone tell you about the horse, but amaze suppliers, colleagues and customers with technical expertise!
The production costs in the manufacture of an injection molded part are decisive for your economic success. In order to identify cost traps at an early stage and quickly achieve good article quality with high process capability, it is important to have the entire process from granulate grain to finished component in view and under control.
From the idea to the series, interactions must be recognized and the entire production line from supply management, peripherals and injection molding process to post-processing must be considered.
Technical background knowledge and a basic understanding of the manufacturing processes are elementary prerequisites for a holistic assessment. This seminar will provide you with information on the most important factors influencing article costs and enable you to assess and classify them.
This seminar is aimed at all those with product and project responsibility who do not want to be surprised by unforeseen costs and time traps.
- Basics of polymer chemistry
- Differentiation of plastics
- Profile of the most important thermoplastics
- Understanding material data sheets
- Subdivision of properties
- Explanation of units and test methods
- Factors influencing article quality
- Article design
- Tool design
- Rapid tooling
- Residual moisture and drying
- Injection mold
- Structure of an injection molding machine
- Shot volume
- Clamping force
- Injection pressure
- Process sequence of an injection molding cycle
- Overview of the most important parameters
- Filling study and injection profile
- Holding pressure
- Process optimization
- Presentation of the most important spray defects
- Recognition and classification
- Optimization possibilities
- Cost calculation
- Factors influencing article costs
- Cost traps with thermoplastic molded parts
- Project planning and monitoring
Head of Education and Training