KEBATRON PPS FWL5530G1
PPS-GF30, linear PPS, 30% glass fiber reinforced, impact resistant, approved for food applications according to EU and FDA guidelines.
PPS - KEBATRON
Under the trade name KEBATRON, we offer a range of high-performance compounds based on PPS. KEBATRON offers high continuous service temperature, good aging behavior, high strength and stiffness, is inherently flame retardant and has exceptionally good chemical resistance.
Typical areas of application
- dimensionally stable
- good chemical resistance
- Good electrical properties
- good aging behavior
- good fire behavior
- high continuous operating temperature
- High strength
- High stiffness
- hydrolysis stable
- impact resistant
- approved for use in contact with drinking water
- approved for food contact (EU and FDA)
Overview of product features
Dryer type: dry air dryer (!).
Temperature: 120 – 140 °C
drying time: 4 – 8 h
Recommended max. residual moisture: < 0.02 %.
Recommended basic settings:
melt temperature: 310 – 335°C
Mold temperature: 140 – 160°C (As a rule of thumb, the higher the requirements, the higher the mold temperature).
Back pressure: < 10 bar (spec.)
The injection speed should be set as a slow – fast – slow profile. As a principle: as fast as possible, as slow as necessary.
In the processing of KEBATRON PPS, wear- and corrosion-protected injection units have proven their worth. The injection unit should be selected so that the shot volume is 50 – 80% of the maximum metering volume. The dwell time should be kept as short as possible.
The information in this data sheet is based on our current knowledge and experience. Due to the wide range of possible influences during processing and application of our products, they do not exempt the processor from carrying out his own tests and trials. A legally binding assurance of certain properties or suitability for a specific application cannot be derived from our information.
* FE products are development products which are still in the trial phase. Technical data may still change in the course of product and process development. No final decision has yet been made on the commercialization of FE products. We reserve the right to discontinue the manufacture of FE products without giving further reasons.
Do you have
questions about our
products or services?
Then make an appointment with us.
Our team will be happy to advise you in a
personal conversation or by e-mail.