KEBAFLOW LCP MX130
KEBAFLOW LCP MX130 is a 30% short glass fiber/mineral blend reinforced LCP with very high heat deflection temperature. The material is characterized by the following properties: Good flowability at thin wall thicknesses, very good toughness and strength, inherently flame retardant, high heat deflection temperature (HDT ~270°C), good chemical resistance.
LCP - KEBAFLOW
The trade name KEBAFLOW stands for a range of liquid crystalline polymers (LCP). KEBAFLOW’s outstanding flowability enables the realization of extremely thin wall thicknesses. KEBAFLOW LCP is inherently flame retardant and exhibits very high heat resistance and good aging behavior.
Typical areas of application
- Pressure cans
- LED housing
- Luminaire housing
- Electrical and electronics industry
- Household appliances
- Aviation Industry
- Mechanical Engineering
- dimensionally stable
- Thin wall thicknesses
- good aging behavior
- good fire behavior
- high continuous used temperature
Overview of product features
Dryer type: dry air dryer.
Temperature: 150 – 170°C
Drying time: 4-6 h
Residual moisture: < 0.01%.
Melt temperature: 335 – 345°C
Mold temperature: 80 – 120 °C
Shot volume = 50-80% of the maximum metering volume.
Back pressure: very low (0 – 30 bar spec.)
Dosing time: Corresponds approx. to cooling time
Screw: 3-zone screw with non-return valve
Nozzle: Open nozzle or shut-off nozzle (recommended)
Wear protection: Wear and corrosion protected according to the machine manufacturer’s recommendation for LCP glass fiber reinforced
The most important processing instructions in brief:
– Ensure good drying! Ensure moisture content < 0.01%.
– Inject as fast as possible, if necessary use machine with pressure accumulator.
– Injection speed has a strong influence on the achievable flow path length
– Avoid excessively thick walls
– Ensure good venting
The information in this data sheet is based on our current knowledge and experience. Due to the wide range of possible influences during processing and application of our products, they do not exempt the processor from carrying out his own tests and trials. A legally binding assurance of certain properties or suitability for a specific application cannot be derived from our information.
* FE products are development products which are still in the trial phase. Technical data may still change in the course of product and process development. No final decision has yet been made on the commercialization of FE products. We reserve the right to discontinue the manufacture of FE products without giving further reasons.
Do you have
questions about our
products or services?
Then make an appointment with us.
Our team will be happy to advise you in a
personal conversation or by e-mail.