KEBAFLOW LCP HF130 (FE 190203*)
KEBAFLOW LCP HF130 is a 30% short glass fiber reinforced LCP with very high heat resistance. The material is characterized by the following properties: Good flowability at thin wall thicknesses, very good toughness and strength, inherent flame retardancy, high heat deflection temperature (HDT ~300°C), good chemical resistance.
LCP - KEBAFLOW
The trade name KEBAFLOW stands for a range of liquid crystalline polymers (LCP). KEBAFLOW’s outstanding flowability enables the realization of extremely thin wall thicknesses. KEBAFLOW LCP is inherently flame retardant and exhibits very high heat resistance and good aging behavior.
Typical areas of application
- Pressure cans
- LED housing
- Luminaire housing
- Electrical and electronics industry
- Household appliances
- Aviation Industry
- Mechanical Engineering
- dimensionally stable
- Thin wall thicknesses
- good aging behavior
- good fire behavior
- high continuous used temperature
Overview of product features
Dryer type: dry air dryer
Temperature: 150 – 170 °C
drying time: 4 – 6 h
Recommended max. residual moisture: < 0.01 %.
Recommended basic settings:
melt temperature: 335 – 345 °C
Mold temperature: 80 – 120 °C
With higher cavity temperatures, smoother surfaces and better flow properties can usually be achieved.
surfaces and better flow properties.
Injection speed: very high
Viscosity decreases with increasing shear. Thus, for parts that are difficult to fill, increasing the injection speed may be more effective than increasing the melt temperature.
Back pressure: 0 – 30 bar (spec.)
Screw: 3-zone screw with non-return valve
Nozzle: Open nozzle or shut-off nozzle (recommended)
Wear protection: Wear and corrosion protected according to machine manufacturer’s recommendation for LCP glass fiber reinforced
The most important processing instructions in brief:
– Ensure good drying! Ensure moisture content < 0.01%.
– Inject as fast as possible, if necessary use machine with pressure accumulator.
– Injection speed has a strong influence on the achievable flow path length
– Avoid excessively thick walls
– Ensure good venting
The information in this data sheet is based on our current knowledge and experience. Due to the wide range of possible influences during processing and application of our products, they do not exempt the processor from carrying out his own tests and trials. A legally binding assurance of certain properties or suitability for a specific application cannot be derived from our information.
* FE products are development products which are still in the trial phase. Technical data may still change in the course of product and process development. No final decision has yet been made on the commercialization of FE products. We reserve the right to discontinue the manufacture of FE products without giving further reasons.
Do you have
questions about our
products or services?
Then make an appointment with us.
Our team will be happy to advise you in a
personal conversation or by e-mail.